USVI Full Day Sail
Picture yourself sailing along the unspoiled natural coastline of St. John USVI’s north shore and Virgin Island’s National Park comfortably perched on a fabulously appointed sailing charter. A day of sailing and snorkeling and fun awaits with Salty Dog Day Sails. Given that 70% of St. John and its surrounding waters is dedicated to the Virgin Islands National Park and Coral Reef monument, we have the best options for sailing and snorkeling in our pristine waters in close proximity to St. John. What a better way to experience the delights of the natural beauty than by water on a comfortable and clean boat away from the crowds and hassles of land-based excursions. treat yourself to this best kept secret of things to do while visiting St. John–a boat charter with Salty Dog Day Sails!
Salty Dog Day Sails’ USVI Full Day Sail is our signature trip, which offers you a serene day of sailing and snorkeling. Join us for a memorable day aboard either of our impeccably clean and comfortable boats – sailing catamaran Little Dog or sailing monohull Selkie – to experience the best St. John has to offer 6-hour, full day sail, starting in Cruz Bay, St. John.
Our full day sail offers you the opportunity to explore the hidden reefs and coves around beautiful St. John. Depending on prevailing weather conditions, we may sail west toward Great or Little St. James, two private islands located off St Thomas. During windier times, we may choose a sheltered, iconic cay or bay around St. John such as Whistling Cay, Maho Bay, Henley Cay, Lovongo Cay, Sunset Point at Caneel Bay or Hawksnest Bay to name a few. You’ll enjoy two snorkel stops and a delicious, light deli lunch. For private trips only, you may extend by the hour to make a stop at Waterlemon Cay or upgrade your lunch options.
We Offer Two Different St. John Sailing Charter Options
for Our US Waters Trips:
Sailing Catamaran Little Dog
12 Pax Catamaran Rates:
- OPEN/PUBLIC Boat: 1-6 guests max: $200/p Minimum 4 Passengers paid (or $800 equivalent fee) to make the trip sail.
- Private Boat: $2699. We discount $200/unsold or unused seat(s) at non-holiday times, but there is a $1499 minimum for up to 6 passengers for all private charters. Extra Hours: $225/hour. Automatic 20% gratuity added to all private trips.
- Private Boat Holiday Premium: (4 days before, day of and 4 days after all major US holidays) 1-12 guests: $2699 plus 20% gratuity for private charters.
- Rates Regardless of Age: The United States Coast Guard and the Code of Federal Regulations consider your child a “person” and, therefore, so do we. That is why we charge full price for all persons, young and old, on board.
Sailing Monohull Selkie
10 Pax Monohull Rates:
- OPEN/PUBLIC Boat 1-6 guests max: $150/p Minimum 4 passengers (or equivalent fee) to make the trip sail.
- PRIVATE Boat 1-6 guests: $899. Can take up to 10 total with $150/p beyond 6. Extra Hours: $150/hour. Automatic 20% gratuity added to all private trips.
- PRIVATE Boat Holiday Premium (4 days before, day of and 4 days after all major US holidays) 1-10 guests: $1499 plus 20% gratuity for private charters.
- RATES REGARDLESS OF AGE: The United States Coast Guard and the Code of Federal Regulations consider your child a “person” and, therefore, so do we. That is why we charge full price for all persons, young and old, on board.
ABOVE RATES DO NOT INCLUDE:
- Cash or credit for lunch upgrades offered on private trips only (Caneel Bay Resort/Pizza Pi Boat)
- CASH ONLY for customary captain/crew gratuity (Automatically add 20% for all private trips).
- TIME: 10:00AM-4:00PM
- INCLUDES: Water/Sodas/Beers; Snorkel gear & instruction for adults. **Limited children’s snorkel gear and PFD’s available–please inquire.
- Bring your own towel;
- Bring NON-SPRAY and/or NON-Coppertone Sunscreen;
- Bring snorkel gear (please rinse/de-sand) if you have any special needs like prescription) or feel free to borrow our budget gear.
- Dinghy usage for all aspects of trip. Consider wearing/bring water appropriate shoes like flip flops that are okay to get wet.
- DEPARTURE: Meet at either 10:00am at the dinghy dock/beach next to the people ferry dock in Cruz Bay, in front of High Tide Restaurant, (why not meet inside High Tide Restaurant and enjoy a cup of coffee & breakfast sandwich while you wait? If sounds like a good plan, then go a bit earlier!).
- PARKING: Paid parking like Slimman’s or St John Parking at Wharfside Landing is roughly $15/day and easily accessible to departure location.
Ready to book a charter with us? We’d love to sail with you!
You have a lot of choices for boating in the USVI/BVI, but Salty Dog Day Sails sporty catamaran Little Dog and comfortable monohull, Selkie are different—both are true class-act St. John sailing experiences. You’ll enjoy our amenities, boutique-inspired service and our impeccably-maintained boats. Not all catamarans or sailing experiences are alike.
To discover more about what makes us different, get in touch with us. We would be happy to work with you to help you create the perfect day for your group.
St. John Sailing BOOKING & CANCELLATION:
- Contact us to book your trip today!
- Spots are either paid in full ONLINE or call in booking or to pay with cash the day of the trip are held with a 50% deposit at time of booking and balance due via cash or check the day of the trip. Gratuities & customs (if applicable) only payable in cash please.
CANCELLATION POLICY FOR OPEN BOAT / PUBLIC TRIPS:
- We will accept cancellations or rescheduling up to 1 week (7) days before your scheduled trip with no penalty charge. From seven (7) to four (4) days we charge a 20% fee (your card will be refunded 80% of the trip total).
- From four (4) days/96 hours out until 2 days/forty-eight (48) hours prior to your scheduled departure, the cancellation fee is 50% of the cost of your charter (if you paid in full at time of booking, then your card will be refunded 50% of the trip total charged at time of booking).
- After that and within the 48 hour window before scheduled departure, there are no cancellations and no refunds (Your credit card was already charged for the full 100% amount of the trip charged at time of booking and no refunds will be given). This includes no-shows.
CANCELLATION POLICY FOR PRIVATE TRIPS:
- We will accept cancellations or rescheduling beyond the 2 week prior to departure trip cancellation window with no penalty. Within 2 weeks to 1 week of departure there is a 50% cancellation fee (Your card will be refunded 50% of the total charged at time of booking).
- Within 1 week before scheduled departure, there are no cancellations and no refunds (your credit card will be charged for the full 100% amount of the trip charged at time of booking). This includes no-shows.
WEATHER CANCELLATION POLICY:
- We only cancel trips based on weather related safety concerns that affect the safety of our guests. We do not cancel for rain or seasonally normal wind/sea conditions. Should the Captain decide to cancel a trip based on safety concerns, you will be given the option to reschedule or be refunded the trip total charged at time of booking.
- Should YOU choose not to sail based on weather concerns that do not fall under safety cancellations made by our Captains, you will have the option of rescheduling, but no option for refund. Should you choose to reschedule for a future vacation–please note that rates may increase and you would be responsible for any cost increases for ticket/boat charter costs.
We do not double book or keep a list of people who can take your place. We will keep our commitment to you and expect you to keep your commitment to us.