BVI Full Day Sail – St. John to Jost van Dyke
Go foreign with Salty Dog Day Sails! Grab your passports and let’s get some new stamps in another country conveniently located less than 6 nautical miles away. Departing from Cruz Bay St. John, the delights of the British Virgin Islands can be found at nearby Jost van Dyke–an easily accessible day sail for our cruising vessels: Sailing Catamaran Little Dog and Sailing monohull Selkie.
We’ll start the day with a snorkel stop, perhaps Lovongo Cay or Mary’s Point near Francis Bay, before leaving US waters and sailing over to Jost van Dyke. We’ll arrive in Great Harbor where while we take care of the formalities. On private trips, you’ll have plenty of time to peruse the gift shop and say hello to Foxy Callwood, the legendary proprietor and namesake of Foxy’s bar.
After the formalities, we’ll head over to beautiful and iconic White Bay Beach for lunch at the likes of the Soggy Dollar Bar or any of the delightful beachside restaurants there. You have a leisurely amount of time to soak up the ambiance of island life.
Around 2:00 pm, we’ll embark on a mainly downwind and comfortable sail back to Cruz Bay in St John to clear customs around 3:30 pm, finishing the trip before 4:00 pm.
We offer two different St John sailing charter options for our Jost van Dyke BVI trips:
Catamaran JVD-BVI Full Day
- OPEN/PUBLIC Boat 1-6 guests max: $200/p Minimum 4 Passengers paid (or $800 equivalent fee) to make the trip sail.
- PRIVATE Boat 1-6 guests: $1499. Can take up to 12 total with $200/p guests 7-12. Extra Hours: $225/hour. Automatic 20% gratuity added to all private trips.
- PRIVATE Boat Holiday Premium (4 days before, day of and 4 days after all major US holidays) 1-12 guests: $2699 plus 20% gratuity for private charters.
Monohull JVD-BVI Full Day
- OPEN/PUBLIC Boat 1-6 guests max: $150/p Minimum 3 passengers (or equivalent fee) to make the trip sail.
- PRIVATE Boat 1-6 guests: $899. Can take up to 10 total with $150/p beyond 6. Extra Hours: $150/hour. Automatic 20% gratuity added to all private trips.
- PRIVATE Boat Holiday Premium (4 days before, day of and 4 days after all major US holidays) 1-10 guests: $1499 plus 20% gratuity for private charters.
ABOVE RATES DO NOT INCLUDE:
- CASH ONLY Customs fees of $45 p/p plus overtime & holiday fees if applicable. Valid Passports required.
- Cash or credit for lunch ashore and souvenirs.
- CASH ONLY for customary captain/crew gratuity (Automatically 20% for all private trips).
- TIME: 9:00AM – 3:30PM finished clearing customs before 4:00PM
- INCLUDES: Water/Sodas/Beers; Snorkel gear & instruction for adults. **Limited children’s snorkel gear and PFD’s available–please inquire; Guests pay lunch ashore at JVD: $15-20 p/p,
- Valid Passports Required.
- Bring your own towel;
- Bring NON-SPRAY and/or NON-Coppertone Sunscreen;
- Bring snorkel gear (please rinse/de-sand) if you have any special needs like prescription) or feel free to borrow our budget gear.
- Dinghy usage for all aspects of trip. Consider wearing/bring water appropriate shoes like flip flops that are okay to get wet.
- DEPARTURE: Meet at 9:00am at the dinghy dock/beach next to the people ferry dock in Cruz Bay, in front of High Tide Restaurant, (why not meet inside High Tide Restaurant and enjoy a cup of coffee & breakfast sandwich while you wait? If sounds like a good plan, then go a bit earlier!).
- PARKING: Paid parking like Slimman’s or St John Parking at Wharfside Landing is roughly $15/day and easily accessible to departure location.
Image Credit: Christian Wheatley
Ready to book a charter with us? We’d love to sail with you!
You have a lot of choices for boating in the USVI/BVI, but Salty Dog Day Sails sporty catamaran Little Dog and comfortable monohull, Selkie are different—both are true class-act St. John sailing experiences. You’ll enjoy our amenities, boutique-inspired service and our impeccably-maintained boats. Not all catamarans or sailing experiences are alike.
To discover more about what makes us different, get in touch with us. We would be happy to work with you to help you create the perfect day for your group.
St. John Sailing BOOKING & CANCELLATION:
- Contact us to book your trip today!
- Spots are either paid in full online or call 340-244-7290 for booking or to pay with cash the day of the trip, spots are held with a 50% deposit at time of booking and balance due via cash the day of the trip. Gratuities & customs (if applicable) only payable in cash please.
CANCELLATION POLICY FOR OPEN BOAT / PUBLIC TRIPS:
- We will accept cancellations or rescheduling up to 1 week (7) days before your scheduled trip with no penalty charge. From seven (7) to four (4) days we charge a 20% cancellation fee (your card will be refunded 80% of the trip total).
- From four (4) days/96 hours out until 2 days/forty-eight (48) hours prior to your scheduled departure, the cancellation fee is 50% of the cost of your charter (if you paid in full at time of booking, then your card will be refunded 50% of the trip total charged at time of booking).
- After that and within the 48 hour window before scheduled departure, there are no cancellations and no refunds (Your credit card was already charged for the full 100% amount of the trip charged at time of booking and no refunds will be given). This includes no-shows.
CANCELLATION POLICY FOR PRIVATE TRIPS:
- We will accept cancellations or rescheduling beyond the 2 week prior to departure trip cancellation window with no penalty. Within 2 weeks to 1 week of departure there is a 50% cancellation fee (Your card will be refunded 50% of the total charged at time of booking).
- Within 1 week before scheduled departure, there are no cancellations and no refunds (your credit card will be charged for the full 100% amount of the trip charged at time of booking). This includes no-shows.
WEATHER CANCELLATION POLICY:
- We only cancel trips based on weather related safety concerns that affect the safety of our guests. We do not cancel for rain or seasonally normal wind/sea conditions. Should the Captain decide to cancel a trip based on safety concerns, you will be given the option to reschedule or be refunded the trip total charged at time of booking.
- Should YOU choose not to sail based on weather concerns that do not fall under safety cancellations made by our Captains, you will have the option of rescheduling, but no option for refund. Should you choose to reschedule for a future vacation–please note that rates may increase and you would be responsible for any cost increases for ticket/boat charter costs.
We do not double book or keep a list of people who can take your place. We will keep our commitment to you and expect you to keep your commitment to us.