Explore Your St. John USVI Boat Options
There are quite a few St. John USVI boat trip offerings, but none that compare to Salty Dog Day Sails. Not all charters are created equal. Not all boats are created equal.
With several fine yachts in our fleet, You are certain to find a St.John USVI boat trip from our fleet to suit your style and budget. Please explore this entire page for all the comprehensive information about a day on either of Salty Dog Day Sail’s affordable sailing charter boats; a day sailing with us is likely to be the most memorable day of your vacation.
And, if this is not already a repeat trip, we trust you will chose to come vacation in the USVI regularly, just to go sailing with Salty Dog Day Sails on either our sporty and spacious catamaran ‘Little Dog’ or on our classic mono-hull, ‘Selkie,’ again and again.
St. John USVI Boat:
Sailing Catamaran ‘Little Dog’ – Sporty & Comfortable Sailing
St. John Sailing Catamaran ‘Little Dog’ is a sporty, modern, stable & spacious St John sailing catamaran.
This St. John USVI boat is the flagship of our fleet. Salty Dog Day Sails features the sleek, spacious, stable St John Sailing Catamaran ‘Little Dog’ for optimal comfort and amenities for your sailing excursion. Avoid the crowds on the other “Cattle-marans’ and sail in style on the affordable sporty catamaran. Clean & modern amenities and spacious seating options are but the highlight of the catamaran experience.
- Inspected for 12 passengers
- Guests may enjoy sunbathing on the trampoline nets while underway sailing
- Shaded seating for the group in our comfortable cockpit that has an open walkway to our 25′ wide back deck swim platform. Other catamarans require acrobatics to enter the shaded area similar to being inside a bathtub unlike our open floorplan.
Exclusive Features Of Our St. John USVI Boat Options:
- Stability & Comfort:
- Catamarans: By nature of their design, catamarans are inherently the more stable sailing option, so if a more flat and stable experience is your desire, then St John sailing catamaran ‘Little Dog’ is your boat.
- Monohull: You will also experience the stability of S/V ‘Selkie’s’ heavy displacement full-keel design that translates to one of the most comfortable and stable sailing mono-hull experiences. We say that Sailing on ‘Selkie’ is a ‘healing’ (heeling/leaning over under sail) experience. This is NOT a tender boat that feels every wave despite the slight lean or heel to leeward. You are sailing on a vessel designed to cross oceans rather than most boats that are only designed for protected waters.
- Shaded Seating: New cockpit cushions and shaded seating on both St. John sailing charter boats. Your sailing experience will be stable and comfortable on either boat.
- Fresh Water Rinse: Both boats have a dedicated nozzle for post-snorkeling personal rinse. Keeping you fresh and comfortable throughout the day.
- Professional Snorkel Gear and Instruction: We have dive-quality masks coupled with comfortable & adjustable fins. Every snorkel stop is guided. Our crew are expert instructors for snorkeling technique, safety & fun.
- Clean & Modern Bathrooms: NEW toilet on both boats. Sanitary environment maintained throughout the day. We are committed to making your day comfortable, including confidence that the restrooms are fully clean & operational. Not your typical boat bathroom experience.
- Intimate Setting: Both boats are available to host small groups and individual passengers on public trips or private trips.
- Catamaran: s/v Little Dog is inspected for up to 12 passengers
- Monohull: s/v ‘Selkie’ hosts 6 on public trips and up to 10 on private, demise charters requiring special contracts.
- FULLY LICENSED & INSURED: We are a legitimate charter company, not a fly-by-night boat that someone lives on and is trying to make ends meet. Our Captains & Crew meet all the USCG licensure & training requirements and are dedicated to providing a superior level of service and fun.
- Affordability & Value: Of all the St. John USVI boat options in the market, the Salty Dog Day Sail boats are the best value for the money. You are going sailing on boats with hundreds of thousands of dollars invested in purchase and maintenance costs compared to other options that may be equally priced or just a few dollars difference, but offering literally sometimes 1/16th of the quality boat. It may be the same ocean, but it is not the same experience.
There’s more, just ask us! We are happy to help you make an educated decision that is right for your group!
St. John Sailing Monohull ‘Selkie’ – Classic & Affordable Sailing
Sailing Monohull ‘Selkie’ is a traditional designed, classic mono-hull sailing sloop that is completely restored to “Bristol’ yacht condition.
An equally great St. John USVI boat option appeals to traditional sailing enthusiasts. Salty Dog Day Sails also proudly introduces S/V ‘Selkie.’ Our affordable sailing charter boasts comfortable amenities and maximum stability that only a full-keel, heavy displacement classic sailing mono-hull can provide! There may be a few other charter yachts in the area (remember no other mono-hull charter boats have undergone $100K refits nor are any maintained and kept to our specifications), but none compare to the Salty Dog Day Sails level of experience.
St. John Sailing Monohull ‘Selkie’ — Stable and seaworthy monohull